AYR PAT TESTING
Inservice Inspection And Testing Of
WHY PAT TEST?
There are a number of reasons why appliances should be PAT tested on a regular basis, but the most important ones (in our opinion) are:-
Along with the above reasons the Health & Safety Executive states that 25% of all reportable electrical accidents that occur each year involve Portable Appliances. Approximately 1000 accidents are reported every year; sadly about 30 of these are fatalities.
1) To comply with The Electricity at Work Regulations.
2) To comply with the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations.
3) To minimise the risk of fire and injury caused by electrical appliances.
4) To satisfy the requirements of your Insurance Company.
5) To comply with all Health & Safety requirements and ISO standards.
6) Quality Assurances also requires you to comply.
7) To Comply with the Repairing Standard for rental properties.
Also, one of the first things Fire Officers and Health & Safety inspectors ask for on any inspection visit is PAT Testing records.